Monday, September 27, 2010

Trying to be relevant

I don't get a lot of free time, but when I do get it I spend a great deal playing an MMO. I look through all the other blogs and I can see some MMOs being listed, like Aion or some obscure 2D free-to-play game, and I realize that there's an atmosphere here that I'm going to disturb when I say what it is I play.

World of Warcraft.

This is the part where I duck away from all the thrown shoes and rotten tomatoes, but it's honestly fun. I enjoy the cartoonish art style. It's a decent balance between the ultra-shiny, refined graphics of other MMOs that take themselves more seriously, and the goofy sprites of the less serious ones. Plus, they also forgo high poly models in favor of fantastic texture work, which means the game is friendly to my eons-old computer.


I love this machinima animation to death, by the way. Yeah, that's right, I like it when someone takes something terribly, painfully western and adds a weeaboo touch.

4 comments:

  1. Not a big fan of WoW but I always wondered how they do that in an MMO. Looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did play wow for a bit, but can't play right now cause no extra $$ for the subscription haha. I liked it cause well..it was the only 3d mmo that I could run on this ancient computer lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never played at WoW. Only Ragnarok for me ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be a fan of Blizzard, but not anymore. Diablo was what got me into online gaming in the first place. World of Warcraft, however, I find to be unforgivable. Starcraft II only increased my anti-Blizzard sentiment.

    ReplyDelete